For more information contact:
May 25, 2016 - Buffalo Grove, IL – The Stationery Studio, the industry’s leader in premier online personalized stationery, is announcing the top 6 trends in personalized products for 2016. "Bright colors, watercolor themes, foiled accents, embellishments and the never-out-of-style basics will be the fresh take for the 2016-2017 season, " explained Renee Redman, owner, TheStationeryStudio.com.
The National Stationery Show was held in New York City on May 15-18, 2016 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. While there were thousands of new products and designs displayed, the mainstay of the show remains all things paper: note cards, note pads, invitations, calendars, place cards, place mats, address labels, journals and more. "Printed just so and packaged just right, paper products are perfect for gifting," said Redman.
Wondering about the new trends? So were we when we took off for the show. Now you can be in-the-know too. The show featuring "all things paper" boasted a number of trends, many of which were the talk on the show floor among attendees and exhibitors, and many were true standouts. These are some of the trends in design you will see on all things personalized which include:
(1) The gorgeous use of watercolors on note cards, notepads, invitations, moving cards and home decor, create a picture perfect canvas in shades of blues, pinks, yellows and greens. This fresh take is both beautiful and calming and creates a lovely accent for many printed products.
(2) An extensive use of foil accent wording on products. Design elements in foil is everywhere (mostly shown in gold but other colors too) along with big bold words or names in foil are shimmery and pretty and gives a luxe feel to any item.
(3) Large hand-lettered phrases and words are designed on many categories of products. This can include a bride & groom's first names, everyday wording such as "hello", "thanks for everything", "between friends" and unlimited other imprints. The fun, bold and dynamic imprints set the tone for so many new and existing product lines for 2016. You'll see these in big box stores featuring pre-printed products and on custom personalized items for a more exclusive take.
(4) The use of preppy design elements are still as hot as ever. These accents include stripes, nauticals, and fun florals, and they are as pretty as ever.
(5) There was an undertone of the quirky and slightly outrageous wording appearing on everyday classics such as stationery, journals, notepads and gift items. These quirky (sometimes risque) phrases on items sets a tone for a segment of custom products.
(6) High end letterpress and engraving and thick gorgeous stocks are still a prominent category for those who enjoy the specialty printed products and the finer things. The use of luxurious touches to holiday cards marks a trend back to quality presentations for those that appreciate elegance.
New products featuring these fresh and fun trends will appear on TheStationeryStudio.com in coming months. These best in show products are items we think you'll simply love. "It's easier now than ever to make an item special with a monogram or a name. From luxury leather goods, monogrammed frames and serving trays to note pads, stationery, address labels, self-inking stampers and home decor, a personalized item is the perfect gift option", explains Redman.
The nice of personalized products continues to grow as and shows no sign of slowing down. "New technology supports the ability of displaying a wide variety of personalized products that are available and are affordable, explains Redman."For for a meaningful and unique gift that will be remembered, no matter what the occasion, a personalized gift is always something special. The personalized market continues to thrive as everyone loves to see their name or monogram on a custom item!"
The Stationery Studio, LLC is the industry’s leader in premier online personalized stationery and carries over 22,000 unique products. A favorite of celebrities, their fans include Elizabeth Banks, Julie Bowen and Kristin Cavallari. They have won numerous distinguished honors, including the 2012 Trendy Online Stationer of the Year Award.